On August 12th a Phd Thesis entitled Drivers and Barriers for Open Access Publishing: From SOAP 2010 to WoS 2016 was published on Zenodo. The author Sergio Ruiz-Perez describes the publication in the abtract as follows:
„This PhD thesis follows up on previous studies aiming at finding out what a representative sample of researchers from all over the world and from all disciplines think about OA. We replicated the largest study of this type to date: the Study of Open Access Publishing run in 2010 (SOAP 2010).
We present a descriptive longitudinal study of active researcher’s opinions on open access publishing. We re-analysed a dataset from SOAP 2010 and we contacted authors publishing in scientific journals indexed in international databases (WoS 2016). We analysed the scientific community’s opinions on open access, in particular its evolution in the past 7 years. To do so, we used two different samples:
- The SOAP project study (Dallmeier-Tiessen et al., 2011)
- An ad-hoc sample obtained from the Web of Science database (WoS 2016) consisting of 15,235 unique responses
This PhD thesis was successfully defended on 24 July 2017 at the Facultad de Comunicacion y Documentacion from the University of Granada (Spain).
Please note that although the first few pages of this document are in Spanish all the rest is written in English.“
These are the biblographic details of Sergio Ruiz-Perez‚ thesis:
Sergio Ruiz-Perez. (2017, August 12). Drivers and Barriers for Open Access Publishing: From SOAP 2010 to WOS 2016. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.842016
The author also published the supplementary data to his thesis as:
Sergio Ruiz-Perez. (2017). Drivers and Barriers for Open Access Publishing – WoS 2016 Dataset [Data set]. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.842013
- No agreement with Frontiers in Germany - 10. Dezember 2020
- Folien zum Workshop Open Science und Publikationsstrategien - 4. November 2020
- Folien zum Workshop Wissenschaftliches Publizieren – Qualitätssicherung, Review und Impact-Messung - 4. November 2020