On the 20th of May, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, BMBF) announced a funding programme for implementation of a competence and networking platform in the field of Open Access.
Here is some information from the call for proposals…
„With the funding initiative for the competence and networking platform in the area of Open Access, the BMBF is aiming to
- bundle provision and communication of information on Open Access;
- offer training opportunities for audiences from different locations and disciplines;
- improve networking and cooperation between the actors involved from the scientific community.“
„Public and private universities as well as non-university research institutions, scientific institutions and comparable institutions are eligible to apply. (…)
Research institutions that receive basic funding from the Federal Government and/or the federal states can only be granted project funding for their additional project-related expenses or costs under certain conditions in addition to their institutional funding.
The funding of economic activities is excluded.“
Duration and amount of funding:
„A joint project is to be funded over a project duration of up to 36 months by means of full financing. A total of up to 800,000 euros p.a. is available for this purpose (distributed over all sub-projects). (…) The planned start of funding is 1 January 2020.“
- Scientific misconduct – from a marginal phenomenon to a wildfire - 15. September 2020
- Open Access Transformation in Switzerland & Germany - 19. August 2020
- Publication Strategies in the Social Sciences and Cultural Sciences - 19. Juli 2020