Already this summer I gave an online workshop on Social Media in Science Communication for the ForInter Research Network of the University Medical Center Erlangen. The main topics addressed were:
- Introduction to social media and their typology
- Use and relevance of social media and social networks in science communication
- Science-relevant social media and social networks (both those that specifically address science communication, such as ResearchGate, and those that are not specifically designed for scientific purposes, such as LinkedIn or Twitter).
- Use of social media and social networks as research tools for literature, people, collaborations.
- Die Öffnung der Wissenschaft – Werkheft zur Gestaltung der Transformation - 12. November 2021
- Workshop Social Media in Science Communication - 2. November 2021
- Study on Risks and Trust in pursuit of a well functioning Persistent Identifier infrastructure - 2. September 2021