On the 12th of May 2022 my colleague Pablo de Castro (University of Strathclyde, euroCRIS) gave a presentation with the title „Some reflections on the current Persistent Identifier PID landscape – with an emphasis on risks and trust issues“ at the CRIS2022 conference in Dubrovnik.
The contribution describes the approach and first results of a study that Pablo de Castro, Laura Rothfritz, Joachim Schöpfel and I are conducting on behalf of Knowledge Exchange. The study aims to improve the PID system for identifying scientific content.
The presentation summarizes …
- the data collection through expert interviews,
- some general conclusions from the interview and content analysis,
- some key findings from the case studies we produced on the Dutch Digital Author Identifier (DAI), PIDs for organizations, PIDs for instruments, the role of funders, the International Generic Sample Number (IGSN), the RePEc Author Service (RAS) and on Failed PIDs and non-reliable PID implementations,
- some general recommendations based on our analysis.
- Case Study: The role of research funders in the consolidation of the PID landscape - 29. November 2022
- Published : Some reflections on the current PID landscape - 21. November 2022
- Changes at scidecode - 15. November 2022