I am happy to say that I have been a fellow of the innoSci Future Lab of the Stifterverband since the end of May. The German Stifterverband is a joint initiative started by companies and foundations – the only one in Germany to be devoted entirely to consulting, networking and promoting improvements in the fields of education, science and innovation.
In the thinktank, an understanding of inhibiting factors of a more intensive and broader use of Open approaches in science is to be developed and solutions to reduce them are to be developed. The findings will be used to derive strategic recommendations for scientific institutions and to support them in implementing strategies. The goals are (translated from the innoSci website) :
- User-centred solutions for scaling up Open Approaches in science institutions are known and implemented.
- Open pioneers are visible and experience appreciation and support in their institutions.
- Knowledge, techniques, working methods and experiences from Open Pilot Projects are systematically recorded, evaluated and, as far as reasonable and possible, scaled.
- Open discourses are conducted holistically, an open innovation culture is established at scientific institutions. The associated working methods are familiar.
I enjoyed the enriching exchange of perspectives in the first phase, and I am also looking forward to further work as a fellow of the innoSci Future Lab with the innoSci team and the other experts.
Visit the future lab website to learn more about this process and the experts involved or the innoSci website to find out more about its understanding as a newly founded forum for open innovation culture. Participants* from business, science, civil society and politics discussed topics such as Open Culture, Co-Creation or Open Science. innOsci connects participants from business, science, civil society and politics in a discourse on topics like Open Culture, Co-Creation or Open Science.
- Max Planck Society and American Physical Society sign transformative Open Access agreement - 10. July 2020
- Journal Ratings & Rankings in the Social Sciences & Humanities - 7. July 2020
- Fellow of the innoSci Future Lab - 16. June 2020