Workshops on Scientific Writing are aimed at academics from different disciplines in all career phases. They address the first phase of the publication process, the writing of scientific work and its optimization. The following steps, the publishing itself and the use of social media to disseminate the work are addressed in the Workshops on Strategies in Scientific Publishing and Social Media in Science.
Workshops on Scientific Writing
Contents are typically, but not exclusively::
- How do I focus on the topic?
- What are the practical tips for writing scientific texts?
- How do I enter a text?
- What is the best way to structure a scientific article?
- How do I structure a scientific article?
- How do I write a convincing abstract for my text?
- How do I find the right subject-specific style?
- Where can I find formulation aids?
- How do I optimize my text?
- How do I prepare my text for search engines, and how do I use Academic Search Engine Optimization (ASEO)?
- What do I need to know about plagiarism?
- How do I respect the rules of academic integrity?
- How does peer review work?
- Why are submitted texts rejected?
- How do editors evaluate submissions?
- How do I publish my dissertation?
I am pleased to receive enquiries for workshops on the outlined or a related spectrum of topics by email or telephone. If you would like more in-depth training or additional topics to the above-mentioned topics, the workshops can also be organized in cooperation with colleagues. The workshops are also available in English and as online events.
Besides Workshops on Scientific Writing, I also offer workshops on other topics such as Strategies in Scientific Publishing or Social Media in Science. You can find an overview of workshops held here.