Workshops on Strategies in Scientific Publishing (or publication strategies) have been a permanent feature of my programme for years. If necessary, these events can be designed for specially defined groups of participants, e.g. young researchers or members of a specific discipline.
Workshops on Strategies in Scientific Publishing
Contents are typically, but not exclusively
- Publication processes in the different disciplines
- Quality control procedures
- Traditional and alternative methods of impact measurement
- Open Access vs. Closed Access
- Principles of copyright and other relevant rights
- Publishing contracts
- Author rights
- Use of Creative Commons licences for the dissemination of scientific content
- Choosing a suitable publication venue
- Developing your own publication strategies
- Using social media for scientific activities
- Social media and alternative impact metrics (Altmetrics)
I am pleased to receive enquiries for workshops on the outlined or a related spectrum of topics by email or telephone. If you would like more in-depth training or additional topics to the above-mentioned topics, the workshops can also be organized in cooperation with colleagues. The workshops are also available in English and as online events.
In addition to workshops on strategies in scientific publishing, I also offer workshops on other topics such as Scientific Writing or Social Media in Science. You can find an overview of workshops held here.